Europa-List: Digital Readout Engine Gauges

Subject: Europa-List: Digital Readout Engine Gauges
From: Martin Tuck <MJKTuck@cs.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 21:05:30

Hi Folks,

I have a row of Mitchell Engine Instruments and have often thought about
changing them to something with a digital readout. I sit and wait for
that Oil Temperature needle to point (somewhere close to) 120 deg and
think it would be neat to actually see the temperature is creeping up
and maybe be a bit more accurate.

I was looking online and found some possibilities in the custom auto
industry.

Anyone in the US tried any of these?

The Dakota Digital ones have upper limits suitable for a Rotax, the
Cyberdyne ones come up a bit short. Both have limits you can set so the
displays flash as a warning. They seem pretty neat to me.

Check out:

http://cyberdynegauges.net/temperaturegaugesproduct.php

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/Category_ID=262/home_id=59/mode=cat/cat262.htm

Comments? Any other suggestions?