Europa-List: Stall warning during high altitude tests

Subject: Europa-List: Stall warning during high altitude tests
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:16:50

All

I visited couple of days ago QNH altitude 16200 feet
(it was flight level 150). Even the last 1000 feet took
only 4 minutes to climb. My engine is a free aspirated
Rotax 912S. My purpose was to find a max usable
ceiling service. Europa would have gone happily higher
but that altitude was enough for me personally. Temp
was around 15 degrees below freezing but climate in
the cocpit was still comfortable.

When I started to descend, I got immeadiately a stall
warning. I have an Europa factory stall warning kit with
audio-visual warnings. System was activated during
whole descending and even in the hangar one hour
after landing. Next day it was OK again.

What was that? Is there any other explanation than
ice formation in the pipe from the wing leading edge
to the pressure probe?

I did not feel good when listening half an hour a buzzer
and watching big blue high bright led which tried to tell
me I am stalling...I was not brave enough to switch that
uncorrect warning off.

Regards, Raimo