Re: Europa-List: compass

Subject: Re: Europa-List: compass
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:47:13
Hi Paul,

See my set up for a vertical card compass
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/vertcard_compass1.php in photo
below. It is supported on an aluminum plate which is secured to the cabin top
frame. You will also need the mounting bracket
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/vertcard_compass2.php  Anyway, it
works for me and I did not have to apply any compensation. Vertical card
compasses are worth the extra money in my opinion since they are a bit easier
to read than the standard 'whiskey' design. (See the blurb.)

Chinese 'copy' compasses are available from Falcon gauge but I preferred to
spend
the extra for the original. Please contact if you have any questions.

Cheers, John
N262WF, mono XS, 912S
Mooresville, North Carolina

ORIGINAL MESSAGE : From: Paul Stewart <europa@pstewart.f2s.com>
Subject: Europa-List: compass
Anyone got ant photos of where they have mounted a compass ( along with which
model).
Regards Paul
G-GIDY