RE: Europa-List: MPD 2007-005 R1

Subject: RE: Europa-List: MPD 2007-005 R1
From: Mike Gregory <m.j.gregory@talk21.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 12:32:01
Further to my message yesterday, I now understand that the PFA cannot
distribute PFA 247/FSB-004 Issue 4 until the CAA have revised MPD 2007-005
R1, because its wording still requires the 10 hour inspection without any
exceptions.

Once the revised MPD has been issued by the CAA, then the PFA can distribute
Issue 4 of the FSB and the use of Loctite will then enable the 10 hour
inspections to revert to annual.  The PFA do not know when the CAA will
issue of the revised MPD, but it is unlikely to be today.  Meanwhile, the
Europa 2004 web site is publishing the procedure in Service Bulletin 15,
which is approved by the PFA, so owners are free to embody this in
readiness, should they so wish.

The PFA are putting an Engineering News note on their web site to explain it
all.

(Sigh)

Mike