Re: Europa-List: Wanted: Rotax 914

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wanted: Rotax 914
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 07:50:43

Gents,

http://cgi.ebay.com/rotax-912-914-experimental-aircraft-UAV-engine_W0QQitemZ220160581113QQihZ012QQcategoryZ88433QQcmdZViewItem

is probably an X-Predator engine.  Starting bid is $17,000 and it is claimed 140
HP and overhauled.  A week left on the auction.

Anyone want to try one?  I'm sure that there are plenty of folks out there who'd
like to see how one works out.

Also, there's another interesting group of engines built up from government
surplus
Rotax engines

http://www.experimentalfuelinjection.com/

Costs range from $12,000 to $17,000 (US$).

Has anyone out there tried one of them?

Good building and great flying,
Bob Borger

On Wednesday, October 17, 2007, at 07:47AM, "Flying Farmer"
<richard@scarrhillalpacas.co.uk>
wrote:

>I had seen these too, E-bay I think, so I did a search. There is one there at
the moment. Just search e-bay with " rotax 914 " USA