RE: Europa-List: seat back height and larger main tank

Subject: RE: Europa-List: seat back height and larger main tank
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 08:29:32

Yes;

That at least  is what I am planning to do.  I have  a new poly tank.  When
I remove the top of the seat back and  get the old tank cut out I will take
the poly tank and do some fit ups.  Then I will more or less copy the
plastic tank's configuration doing some optimization and then raise the
top approximately 2".  Prior to doing that I will mock up the raised
configuration of the  whole mess to  make sure there are no hidden
gotcha's.  I still need to talk to some people around here to see what the
optimum thickness of  aluminum (or aluminium?) to use.  I did an analysis
and a 3/32" thickness of Al would give me a tank about 5 lbs heavier in the
stock configuration.  I did receive a photo of a tank on the internet  but
no specifics came with it.  Any further input would be appreciated.  A 2"
height increase would give about 3.5 extra gallons and raise the angle of
the  seat belts over the shoulder slightly which had been an item of
concern in the past.

Steve Hagar
A143
Mesa AZ