Re: Europa-List: NASA/Langly report on recip engine cooling

Subject: Re: Europa-List: NASA/Langly report on recip engine cooling
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 22:53:11

TELEDYNMCS@aol.com a crit :

> http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19810013485_1981013485.pdf
>
> I think this is the same report, but it's date of issue shows 1981.
> I've not had a chance to read it through yet, but skimming over it it
> looks to contain everything anybody could ever want to know about
> recip engine cooing and duct shape. Thanks for the heads up on that
> one! Our tax dollars might have actually been used to produce
> something useful. Wouldn't that be a breath of fresh

John, Duncan and all,

S.J. Miley has been with us since the beginning of our cooling project.
By the way, we made liberal use of the US tax dollars, by closely
studying many NACA/NASA reports, some of them dating back to the '40s ;-)
I tried to make as useful a summary as possible on cooling and internal
aerodynamics.

> Gilles, in regard to the details of my Jab installation, I've not had
> a chance to post anything yet. I have sent rather lengthy descriptions
> of what I've done to those who have asked, though. If there is enough
> interest (and if I can find the time) I could put together a report
> with pictures detailing my installation. I'm still fiddling with
> several things at the moment, so it's still a work in progress. So
> far, though, it's working well.

Any pictures will be appreciated. I'm sure you'll come out with quite
satisfactory cooling, though the quest may prove long since you're
pioneering with the Jab installation.
All the best with your project,

Best regards,
--