Europa-List: Drag reduction

Subject: Europa-List: Drag reduction
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:32:11

Cheers,
        I have a nagging thought to offer. Having experienced the external
mods on a nymber of different machines, it occurred to me to mention that
one may want to have a confab with the designer concerning the change in
sidereal area of the mainwheel drag reduction. I intended to do that but
want to fly her basic first for comparison later.
        A number of ahead-of-CoG mods made a big difference in the spin
characteristics, partricularly after the third rotation - that's one
advantage of the Europa - a demonstrated 12-turn spin in each direction - a
rare event. Note the ventral strakes on an F16. These have been called Lawn
Darts in the past.
        We don't want someone trying to screw a EUPA into the back garden
---From 13,000 feet.
Ferg