Re: Europa-List: Mod 74

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 74
From: Laptop JR <jrgowing@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:05:16
Nigel
Thank you for the tip just in time!
JR (Bob) Gowing in Oz
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: nigel charles
  To: Forum Europa
  Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 9:34 PM
  Subject: Europa-List: Mod 74

  I have a tip for anyone who is doing Mod 74 from the wing underside.
When it comes to making a foam plug to fill in the access hole the
existing drilled out plug will be too small to fit tightly. I have found
that using a 2.5 inch hole saw makes a plug which is a forced fit for
the hole. It is then only necessary to trim and sand the excess before
doing the layup. The whole job took less than 10 minutes.

  Although the access via the rear closeout is neater clearance for the
flap may be compromised as the tolerances are quite close in this area.

  Nigel Charles