Re: Europa-List: Play in tailplane drive Slop - Clamp Question Vs Loctit

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Play in tailplane drive Slop - Clamp Question Vs Loctitie
From: EuropaXSA276@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 18:51:06
I have been following this thread with great interest.  While I am lucky
enough to NOT have installed the top I thought that there may be a more
permanent

fix for the tail plane slop issue.

Did I understand from one writer that E04 endorsed the "clamp"" modification
to solve this problem? Or have I completely misunderstood the issue / fix
here?

Please be kind as I may be suffering brain damage undoubtedly caused from
inhaling the blue dust being generated from continuous composite filling and
sanding which is now going on 3 months.....

If the clamps are the fix. Where does a dusty Texan purchased these miracle
devises?  I have seen photos on the web someplace. But it was long ago...

I have been in the Automotive parts business for many many years now. Don't
get me wrong fellas. Loctite makes fabulous products. But I have always been a

fan of bolts and nuts (if they can be used) for maximum adhesion.

Thanks so much boys.

Brian Skelly
Europa XS TriGear #A276
North Texas USA