Europa-List: Tachometer Output.

Subject: Europa-List: Tachometer Output.
From: Mike Parkin <mikenjulie.parkin@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 08:25:34
I want to pick up the tachometer signal for another project without
affecting the current installation.  The Rotax installation manual gives
details of the pickup output, but I suspect that the 914 TCU signal to
the tacho may be a conditioned signal.  My engine is not running at the
moment so I cannot put my oscilloscope on it to test it.  I am
particularly interested in the peak voltage and whether it varies with
RPM  when the TCU is the source.

Also what is the input resistance of the tacho itself.

Any electronics whizzes out there got any ideas??

regards,

Mike