Europa-List: Tri-gear flap motor

Subject: Europa-List: Tri-gear flap motor
From: Duncan & Ami McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 21:02:30

I have an intermittent functioning of the flap drive motor.

In the past this has been related to lubricant on the end bearing
contaminating the commutator. Cleaning of the commutator has effected a
cure.

Not this time it seems. Although a bit of a jarring tends to fix it.

I suspect the short as-supplied connecting wires emanating from the motor.
But intermittent electrical faults are the most difficult to find.

Anyone else had this?

Duncan Mcf.