Re: Europa-List: G-PTAG gets it up again !

Subject: Re: Europa-List: G-PTAG gets it up again !
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 22:59:18

R.C.Harrison a crit :

> BTW I fancy doing a barrel roll , couldnt put it into words could you
> ? Dont wish to spend time at an aerobatic school for the one manoeuvre !

Bob,

Please, please, at least take some knowledgeable aerobatics pilot with you.
This one manoeuvre is so easy when you know how to do it, and can kill
you if things go awry...
Aerobatics newbies, be it old or young pilots, invariably fail to
adequately raise the nose when doing this manoeuvre. Some stop the roll
when inverted, some can't refrain from pulling when inverted (the last
thing to do).
If the airplane is sleek, things can go out of hand much quicker than
you can think.
Sooo, why not take an aerobatics instructor with you ?

Best regards,
--
Gilles, aerobatics FI
http://contrails.free.fr