Europa-List: Trim Tab drive pins

Subject: Europa-List: Trim Tab drive pins
From: Creighton Smith <crouton@well.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:12:38
Good morning all,
We installed the larger/stronger mod of the TP16P & TP16S drive pins
(which doesn't seem to be listed in the current mods list) per
instructions and with just a few on/off cycles of the horizontal
stabilizers, each has cracked where the 3 layers bid wrap 90deg around
the front.
This appears to be a result of the TS05 link rod cocking upon removal
and jamming the drive pins in the TS06 bushes (which are a lovely fit)
which results in a racking load jamming the drive pins.
Obviously we have to do this again (irritating as the originals
exhibited no such symptoms), but I must know if anyone else has
experienced this, and what the solution might be.
Stationing a second person at the tail to ensure the link rod does not
deviate from perpendicular to the drive pins while the tailplanes are
being pulled is obvious but a bit labor intensive.
Regards,
Creighton Smith A036