Re: Europa-List: rivnuts

Subject: Re: Europa-List: rivnuts
From: Ferg Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 16:25:42

Bob, Your attention most appreciated.....   I think it's the size of hole I made
because both copies snapped in two (ring in hole and centre piece separated).
I hope we are talking about the same size/kind of rivnut (from AS&S) which are
low profile tops and - #8 - about 0.250" just under that top. I found only
Bollhoff pages to describe them and they are not the same size as I bought.
Apparently
Bollhoff bought out Rivnut Indiana in 2001 - and they didn't ask any
of us permission.
         I used SS #8 bolts with double washers and SS nuts, but sense the
rivnuts
must be PULLED not twisted up into themselves, and don't have the tool - maybe
that's the answer.
      Anyway, awaiting your message with anticipation!
Cheers, Ferg

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org