Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73 "new pip pin"

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa Tailplane - Mod 73 "new pip pin"
From: rlborger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 20:43:25
Richard,

Mea culpa.  Wrong company.   I had to go back and check my e-mails
for the right company.  The manufacturer of the pins is Carr-Lane and
they are purchased through a company in Fort Worth called RMP
Industrial Supply.  I purchased a number of spare pins from them back
in January.  They were identical to the pieces provided by Europa.
The price was USD16.25 each.  And this was considered a "custom" length.

I will forward a copy of the e-mail from RMP.

It is possible that I could get further reduced price if the order
were large enough.

I'll see if I can find the web page from which I located the
supplier.  If I can, I'll pass it along as well.

Good building and great flying,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
(90%) tail kit done, wings closed, cockpit module installed, pitch
system in, landing gear frame in, rudder system in, outrigger mod in,
Fuselage Top on, lift/drag/flap pins in, wing incidence set, tie bar
in, flap drive in, Mod 70 done.  Baggage bay in.  Flaps & Main Gear
complete.  Mod 72 complete.  Instrument panel complete, except for
testing.  Rotax 914 installed (for the 3rd time).  Airmaster Prop
installed.  Electrical complete, except for testing.  Fuel system
complete except for testing.  Working in - 32 Tail, 34 Door Latches &
35 Doors, 37 Interior & Finishing.  Airmaster arrived 29 Sep 05.
Seat arrived from Oregon Aero.  E04 interior kit has arrived and is
being installed.
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123