RE: Europa-List: What stops the pip pin from falling out after Mod 73?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: What stops the pip pin from falling out after Mod 73?
From: glenn crowder <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 13:49:11

Oops - my bad!  Just the torque tube holes would be ovalized, not on TP6.
Duhh!

   What I can't understand is after ovalizing the pip pin holes in the torq
ue tube, what will then stop the pip
pin from just sliding out.  Am I missing something here?  If the pip pin ba
lls line up with the ovalized area,
I can't see why they won't just potentially slide right out if given a chan
ce.

2. On Classics and XS,  ovalise the pip pin holes in the ends of the tailpl
ane torque tube to prevent the pip-pin picking up actuating torque loads.
Add an extra pip-pin recess of an improved design to each tail undersurface
 which will provide a reliable secondary retention system to prevent the ta
ilplane half moving outboard if the sleeve should become disbonded. In the
process of forming the new pip-pin recesses, key the sleeves into the struc
ture to help prevent them becoming disbonded. Pip-pin will still enter tail
plane from above. Recess in bottom surface can be filled afterwards for cos
metic purposes leaving tailplane looking as previously. Alternatively, the
Europa club mod for improved sleeve retention can be incorporated at build.

PC Magazine=92s 2007 editors=92 choice for best web mail=97award-winning Wi
ndows Live Hotmail. Check it out!

Missed the show?- Watch videos of the Live Earth Concert on MSN.
http://liveearth.msn.com