Europa-List: Re: Europa Training Standards

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa Training Standards
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 15:09:06

Hi All,

John Hurst was the only CFI I knew who actually did sign offs for the
monowheel. He did it in his role as the manager of Europa's office
in the US. He did my tri-gear insurance sign-off in less than an hour.
John is still in the neighborhood, actually at Lockwood in Sebring Fl, but I
think, as they say he would be strongly disinclined to acquiesce to such
a request at the present time.

There are a number of high time monowheel pilots, even airline and
military types out there in mid-Florida, but I just don't recall that any
that were also CFIs.

Who would you have create "official" training standards? Who is in a
position to?

The Europa is an exceedingly easy aircraft to fly except in one variant
and in one phase of flight. I don't believe any reasonable amount of
proficiency training will eliminate all the prop strikes and ground loops
of the monowheel since I have seen it happen to several ATPs.

It just seems there is a price to pay for that extra 5 kts.

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: