Europa-List: Re: Wikipedia's entry on flutter

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Wikipedia's entry on flutter
From: Mark Burton <markb@ordern.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 09:47:10

Until we see the results of the AAIB investigation we can only speculate as to
what really happened.

However, regarding the flutter theory due to sloppy tailplanes, consider:

1 -- How many Europas are known to have suffered tailplane flutter and fallen to
pieces while flying?

2 -- How many Europas have rather sloppy tailplanes and have been flying like
that
for some time (possibly years)?

I am not saying that we should not be checking/improving the integrity of the
tailplanes.

Mark

Read this topic online here: