Re: Europa-List: Europa pip-pin recess

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa pip-pin recess
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:14:59

Hi guys,

I spoke to Andy Draper yesterday before the new directive was issued. He
told me it would be coming out though he didnt divulge the contents (nor did
we discuss the PFA's ongoing investigations). However I know that the PFA
are giving this matter their fullest attention and have been in in regular
contact with the AIIB.

Andy, Neville and Europa are currently working together to devise an
acceptable mod for the non standard pip pin recesses and I would guess this
will be published shortly.

Much as I am dissapointed that my upgraded Europa (Mod62) is still not
considered fit to fly, this process is in everybodys best interests and we
must accept it for ur own safety.

I would also mention the bulletin states that in the case of non compliant
pip pin recesses we should consult them (the PFA) on how to proceed. It may
be that they will clear certain designs once they have had the time to
assess them. After all, any change to the build manual design constitutes an
unapproved modification which could have unforseen consequences.

Carl P
G-LABS