Re: Europa-List: How flush is your rudder?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: How flush is your rudder?
From: Keith Hickling <keithhickling@clear.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:47:17

Ron,
Mine was the same, and Nev said just to fill out the rudder as needed. My
rudder hinges were already bonded to the rudder flange by the time I saw
this problem, so I will just fill it a little, but if yours are not yet
bonded it would seem much easier and presumably stronger to apply more bid
to the inside of the rudder flange . That would also provide just a bit more
space for the rudder to fit inside the fin - mine was quite tight and the
port fin flange needed sanding well forward. That's what I would do if doing
it again.

Regards,
Keith Hickling.