Europa-List: First flight/William and Paul

Subject: Europa-List: First flight/William and Paul
From: Hans J. Danielsen <hansjd@online.no>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 12:23:37
It is with very mixed feelings I write this. It was supposed to be a
glad announcement to the group that my plane LN-HJD finally flew on the
6th of june.

When opening the mail after beeing absent for a week - the tragick
passing of William and Paul grabbed my attention. I was overwhelmed by
shock and grief and not able to muster any enthusiasm towards my
original intention.

Both of these two gentlemen came to my house two years ago to inspect my
project (together with Graham Singleton and David Bos.). I flew with
William and got to know him as a warm, enthusiastic and positive person.
Every time I met him he approached me with this open, warm conduct, and
it was always a pleasure to be in his company. Paul was equally open and
positive, and was eager to sample as many ideas and suggestions as
possible for his own project.

A sad loss to all, but of course mostly to their  families. They have my
deepest sympathy.

It does not feel right to make any other announcements here, but a short
report is in order. My project  flew for the first time on the 6th of
june. I had to land after 10 minutes due to high oil temperature. After
extra bafling around the oil cooler the temperature stayed well within
limits. The second flight went very well indeed.

I will put forward on the list all the details required for the club
secretary. For now I just want to sit and contemplate.

Hans #334