Re: Europa-List: What is the best size and location for Mod 70 access

Subject: Re: Europa-List: What is the best size and location for Mod 70 access
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 19:15:51
I dont believe it is possible to do mod 70 easily without crawling down
the back of the tailplane (IMHO). If you arent able to get in there
yourself (and I accept there are many who cant), then I would suggest
you find a friendly midget who would be willing to assist (its amazing
what kids will do for a bit of pocket money).

The standard inspection panel is about 6ins in diameter but by the time
you make the flanges for the cover to fit against you only end up
without about 5ins to put your arm through. Its ok for inspection but
not for much else - and for you to hand the midget cups of coffee (and
tools) to prevent them from falling asleep on the job.

I am pretty slim myself but correspondingly long in the body - I weigh
200lbs and 6' 2"". I managed the mod by crawling down the back but as
most folks will testify it isnt an experience one wants to repeat.

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS