Re: Europa-List: Votex Generators

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Votex Generators
From: karelvranken <karelvranken@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 23:17:15
Phil, Graham and all,
In attachment my solution for the wing root drag problem. While building I
fixed the fairing as well to the wing as to the fuselage and cut it vertical
with the wing root. Then I reinforced both to become entire part and
sufficient solid. I also prolonged the upper side at the fuselage to cover
the gap for the flap torque tube so that no spoiled fuel or water could
penetrate the fuselage. This solution gave me some advantages:
- the fuselage is certainly reinforced
- the rigging of the wing is easier because you see exactly were the root
has to meet
- sealing with tape is easy as I did before with my gliders.
Thank you Phil for your much apreciated intervention.
Karel Vranken.