Re: Europa-List: TCU/Dongle

Subject: Re: Europa-List: TCU/Dongle
From: Mike Parkin <mikenjulie.parkin@btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 17:56:33

Well I am no great computer wizard.  However, this is the story with regard
to G-JULZ.

When the engine was first installed, my laptop was running Windows 98 and
was quite successful in in setting up the throttle.

My new Laptop is a PC World Advent using Windows XP Home.  Unfortunately it
does not have a serial connector.  Sometime back I bought a USB Serial
Converter so that I could programme a sound chip - a future europa
modification I am working on.

This afternoon I connected up the laptop to the aircraft TCU and tried the
Rotax software.

My TCU Serial Number is 4418154 and the software in use is TLR 4.6a.  The
connection was made with the USB converter and a standard serial cable
plugged into the TCU cable.  The converter was selected to COM 2.

Double clicking on the TLR 4.6a icon brings up the programme in the
mentioned "Command Window" - I have to report that all the functions of the
programme worked perfectly, throttle calibration and setup was confirmed and
a download of the TCU worked fine.

Perhaps, my system is a one-off,  I will leave the experts to work that out.

regards,

Mike