Europa-List: Flap fitting

Subject: Europa-List: Flap fitting
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 11:07:59

I am still struggling with fitting the flap to the wing. Everything
looks fine at the root end, andit fits the template accurately. But I
have a couple of problems with the tip-end where the flap meets the
aileron. When I set 3-5mm recommended gap between the flap's leading
edge and the vertical part of the wing's closeout, the trailing edge of
the flap is about 8mm ahead of the aileron's trailing edge. In other
words, the flap seems a bit shorter. I can line up the trailing edges,
but then the flap/closeout gap increases to about 15mm.

I am tempted to set the 3-5mm as recommended in the manual, and live
with the slight misfit at the flap/aileron trailing edge.
Alternatively, I could extend the flap's trailing edge with a quick
layup. Anyone else encounter this?