Re: Europa-List: oil pressure

Subject: Re: Europa-List: oil pressure
From: William Mills <william@wrmills.plus.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 05:59:33

I had the same symptoms, Danny, when my 912S was new.  The Rotax oil
pressure gauge also twitched violently, before settling down at about 2.5
bar.  However, 350 hours later, it no longer twitches and it runs at about
3.75 bar when hot in the cruise.  I can only imagine the pressure relief
valve ball has eventually bedded into its seat.  BTW, my previous engine was
a 912 (80 HP) which ran at 4 bar constantly all its life (800 hrs) and the
oil pipes and cooler were exactly the same from one engine to the other, so
I don't believe any of the pipes were collapsing due to suction.
I hope that helps,
William