RE: Europa-List: YAESU Aviator Pilot II

Subject: RE: Europa-List: YAESU Aviator Pilot II
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 07:34:58
Morning Will

There seem to be two sorts one which is a component and is actually
connected in series with the wire and another that simply wraps around
the
outside of the cable those are the bumps on the PC cables (I think).   I
would ask Yaesu for more information (make and model number and where in
the
set up it goes) I would guess round the headset cable to cut out the
stray
hum.  Radios are strange things, the one that has always worked most
reliably for me has been my Icom handheld (Now 15 years old) with or
without
headset plugged in.

Good luck.

Pete

If it whines when away from the aeroplane you could take to whole setup
say Radio Shack and try the fix in the shop.