Re: Europa-List: ceramic coated exhaust

Subject: Re: Europa-List: ceramic coated exhaust
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:55:57

Jerry Rehn a crit :
> Has anyone ceramic coated their exhaust system? Jet Hot
> www.jet-hot.com is suppose to reduce temperatures about 200 F.
> Apparently is widely used among high performance racing. Could this
> help reduce cowl temps without causing other isues?
We had the exhaust pipes coated in the US (regular Rotax 914 pipes).
Nice black coating, looks great when new. After 120 hours, the look is
still correct, but some scales are peeling off in some area.
200 F seems somewhat optimistic to me.
Considering physics, it sure should improve temperatures a bit, but the
pipes still run dull red when running up at night, and I would not rely
on it to significantly reduce cowl temps.
FWIW,

Regards,
Gilles
http://contrails.free.fr