Europa-List: Life is so unfair!

Subject: Europa-List: Life is so unfair!
From: TELEDYNMCS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:18:28
Hey Alan,

My first tank came from the factory with a flaw in it. The tanks, as I was
told, are rotomolded. What look like seams on the tank are actually molding
lines. Mine had a molding flaw, likely caused by not enough material  being put

into the mold at the time the tank was cast, and that caused  a hole in it
that was about the size of the end of your little finger. The  hole was hard to

see because it was covered over with a paper thin layer of  plastic. I would
have never noticed it except for the fact that I pressure  tested the tank with

air after I drilled out the boss's in a combined effort to  clean out the
plastic swarf and put a little pressure on the tank to see what  would happen.
The
slight pressure I put on the tank must have blown out the thin  latyer and I
got a little puff of air from a direction I wasn't expecting, then  I noticed
the hole.

Europa promptly replaced the tank at no charge, but had I not noticed it
prior to bonding in the cockpit module I think I'd have been one unhappy camper!

At the time, circa 2003 or so, Andy told me there had been 2 others prior to
mine found with similar holes.

Anyway, hope you find your problem and it's something simple to fix.

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap,TN (TN89)
Jabiropa N245E - Flying - 95.6 hours