Europa-List: Re: stalls & spins

Subject: Europa-List: Re: stalls & spins
From: Mark Burton <markb@ordern.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 15:25:19

Folks,

Thinking back to the conversation last year on stall+spins and the recent
article
in GASCO Flight Safety about cheese (you have to read the article to
understand).

Some of you may be interested to know that I am now producing Mk2 SmartASS units
that not only provide the features of the MK1 units (talking ASI, and audible
speed director) but it also features an accelerometer that measures the G you
are pulling and factors that into the speed director calculation. It works very
well as an aid to preserving the "stall speed margin" as well as making flying
a stabilised approach ridiculously easy.

I must stress that the SmartASS is not a stall warning device.

The Mk2 units also feature audible undercarriage and general alerts.

As ever, technical blurb, prices, etc. can be found at www.smartavionics.com

Cheers,

Mark

Read this topic online here: