Europa-List: Re: Thoughts on Aileron Balance Weights

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Thoughts on Aileron Balance Weights
From: h&amp;jeuropa <europa@triton.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 06:15:44

Andrew,

We did it per the book and had no difficulity.  Drilling the lead is easy - use
a spade bit and low rpm on the drill.  We probably shaped our weights wrong
(made
them too small) and didn't need to remove much from the port one and to balance
the installed aileron trim in the stbd we had to add tungston carbide to
get enough weight since the supplied weight wasn't enough and lead balls didn't
add enough weight in the space avaiable.

BTW, lead balls are much less dense than solid lead.

Jim & Heather Butcher
N241BW

Read this topic online here: