Europa-List: RE: Flap motor

Subject: Europa-List: RE: Flap motor
From: Alan Burrows <alan@kestrelinsurance.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:43:04
Just before I shipped the aircraft over to the USA I fitted a new flap motor
as the old one had died. As you would expect (with my luck). E04 had changed
the design of the motor and therefore I had to re position the mountings.
Because of the tight timescale for shipping. I never got a chance to flight
test this motor until yesterday (yes I actually went flying..!). I notice
that the new motor seems a lot slower than the original. The time from zero
flap to full flaps is 17 seconds and retracting back to zero is 18 seconds.
Has anyone else noticed this and is it normal with the later flap motors?

Many Thanks in advance.

Alan

Trigear 914

N134AB