Re: Europa-List: Airmaster questions

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Airmaster questions
From: Richard Holder <rholder@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 23:07:13

steve v wrote:

> Hi Chaps, im looking at possibly the purchase of an
> Airmaster from the factory in the near future so need a
>  few questions answered , 1 has any one an approximate
>  hourly life for the brushes & whats the replacement
> cost for them - i assume its DIY replacement, 2 was the
>  radio inerference ever cured ? 3 was the oil leak
> problem sorted or is it still ongoing, and 3, anyone
> got a good reason why the Airmaster should be ditched
> in favour of the Woodcomp Etc.?

1A. I have done 250 hours in mine so far. No sign of any
brush problems

1B. A spare set of brushes is included in the box. It does
require a soldering job to fit them but shouldn't be too
difficult.

2. I have had a regular click very second or so in my
radio. Never sure what caused it (is this the "radio
interference" to which you refer ?), but I have almost
finished a component change to a different intercom so
that may fix it.

3. There used to be a weep of grease from the hub, showing
up as a very slight line along the top cowling and onto
the windscreen. I cleaned out the hub of that expensive
grease and put in just enough. It doesn't leak now. Not a
lot anyway :-)

Second 3 (!) I have an Airmaster and that is what I
started with so I can't comment about Woodcomp. The
reversing trick sounds neat but not recommended in a
tri-gear with the speed kit (the nose wheel fairing will
turn around and it tail (now facing forward) will be hit
by the propellor blades).

Richard Holder
G-OWWW Europa Classic Tri-Gear High Cross