Europa-List: Re: Floscan sensors

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Floscan sensors
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:39:23

Dear Europaphiles,

For interest, the fuel flow option on the Grand Rapids EIS #2004 <
http://www.grtavionics.com/model_2004.htm > uses a Floscan 201B sensor.
I have found it to be very accurate - usually within 0.1 gal on the
totaliser when I fill the tank. However, it is important to provide a
straight length of hose before the sensor to eliminate turbulence. I
also found that a damper is essential to smooth out flow/pressure pulses
---From the fuel pump. Matt Dralle at Matronics sells a very nice item, see
< http://www.matronics.com/fuelchec/dampener.html > . I made my damper
for almost nothing using a tee and a length of fuel hose in a u-tube
arrangement which traps air below a plugged end fitting.

Cheers, John