Europa-List: Re: Re Floscan Sensors

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Re Floscan Sensors
From: Paul Sistern <paul@sistern.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:56:42

Ira,

The website is not 'solely marine' as you state.

Check it out, top left corner, click on the Aviation tag.

I have been exchanging emails with Floscan this week discussing marine and
aviation
sensors. I have even been quoted a price for the 201A aviation sensor and
they are ready and willing to supply me with a quantity shipped to the UK.  No
liability issues discussed or raised by Floscan.

The rub is, that for me to sell the 201A in the UK the price may not be
acceptable
if our governing body, the PFA, is happy to accept the marine models. The
marine models use the same components and have slightly different specs in terms
of K factor, flow range, and pressure drop. However, if the PFA's only concern
is freedom from blockage, then there are models within the marine range that
are suitable for the Rotax and Jabiru engines fitted to our aircraft.

Anyone care to comment?

Regards,
Paul

Read this topic online here: