Europa-List: Mod 72 Applicability Question... Where is E04?

Subject: Europa-List: Mod 72 Applicability Question... Where is E04?
From: EuropaXSA276@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 13:49:30
E Brethren:
I have to vent.  Why has E04 not given us any factual information on this
failure before now? Assuming that the PFA works as fast as the FAA, this issue

must have occurred long before this!

 We have many resources for communication to this group. The Club website,
Europa Owners Org, email, Matronics even their own website... Clearly rapid
communication to the owners should be in order for the safety of the fleet.
Besides... It's just good customer relations.

When I was a Piper owner, we were sent quarterly "Service Bulletins" that
contain notes from certified mechanics that had come across fleet repair issues

just like this one. They gave time in service, type of service and other
information that the mechanic felt may have contributed to the parts failure.
We
were notified of problems well in advance of the FAA issuing any mandatory
repair bulletins if they indeed required one.

As I read this mandatory modification, an exempt airplane would be a Europa
XS with a 912S and Warp Drive Ground Adjustable Prop that has no indications of

frame cracks.... That is what I am building. Should I simply be satisfied
with that???

I have thus far complied with all "mandatory mods".  However in the land were
mandatory modification for experimental aircraft do not exist, I am up to my
own discretion as to what I should or should not do... I happen to enjoy that
option even if I have yet to exercise it.  BUT Information is most necessary
for that option to be exercised.

Where my friends ... is the detail of this failure and what else should we
know but don't?

Now days communication is easy and cheap E04... We want to hear from you.

Now stepping down off the box to resume filling and sanding in the shop....

Brian Skelly
Europa XS TriGear #A276
North Texas USA
You can see my build photos at: