Re: Europa-List: New AD on Rotax with Evans NPG+

Subject: Re: Europa-List: New AD on Rotax with Evans NPG+
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 22:23:52

> The latest SB cross refers to the procedure in the earlier SB that
> allows calibration of the CHT against water temp., so that (suitably
> calibrated and remarked as necessary) only CHT needs to be monitored.
Hi all,

During the flight tests of our project I had arranged to measure
coolant, oil, and charge air temps before and after their respective
coolers. According to the SB, we are "allowed" up to about 127C head
temperature.We just have to add a red mark on the CHT gauge face.
The 914 CHT temps are easy to maintain well within the 80-120C green
range whatever the flight conditions.

Regards,
Gilles
http://contrails.free.fr