Europa-List: Transponder Antenna

Subject: Europa-List: Transponder Antenna
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:27:27

I see some discussion regarding the subject, and might mention I am using a
homebrew, with an Aircraft Spruce monopole. This design is about $30US and
some gash aluminium sheet. It takes about 30 minutes to fabricate and hangs
by a string from the roof, of course prevented from flailing about.
        I have used this design at other frequencies and it works well in
signal strength horizontally in all directions. Add it to RG400 or RG58 and
its UHF connector, and then test for signal strength by alternating with the
present set-up. If you don't like it, you've wasted 20 quid and half an
hour.

It is shown in the Europa Forum gallery, third source down, and in album,
Idjit Builder, item 5.
Happy landings
Ferg Kyle
Europa A064 914 Classic