RE: Europa-List: Using Super Fill

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Using Super Fill
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 20:04:44
Brian:

I have  had nothing but good luck with superfill. (other than the time I mixed
it at the wrong ratio of 1 to 1).  I have seen individuals slather it on in the
hopes of  getting everrything in one shot.  Thus having a lot of high areas
and god awful amounts of sanding.  If you are just trying to fill the weave you
only need a skim coat.  As when you are done sanding you should only see a
speckled
blue surface where the superfill has  filled in only the low points of
the weave.  I have  taken my filling jobs slowly taking several passes and
curing
sessions.  I find it easier and more precise to fill in the low spots after
each cure rather than knocking down mountains of excess filler.  It may take
longer for the  extra curing sessions so it is advisable to work  on 2 pieces
at a time.  Also when having a first go at anything work on the side not
normally
seen by you.  Either the  bottom side of the control surface or the co-pilot's
side.  That way once you develop your techniqu
 e the tops always look good as well as what you see from the cockpit.

Steve Hagar
A143
N40SH
flying off the 40 hrs