Europa-List: SCOTT

Subject: Europa-List: SCOTT
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:54:40

I was acceptance test pilot for Lake Amphibians - gotta be 40 years ago.
Tests were flown on receipt of aircraft at Montreal Dorval airport (it has a
politician`s name now).
Every time I got to 500 AGL staring the turn, the engine would falter and
quit. I had to declare an emergency and deke back onto a smaller runway.
Several airliner overshoots ensued.
We tried everything, until I tipped the old girl on her tail at the climb
angle of occurence.  Bingo.
At that angle, fuel blanked a tank vent reducing venting to half.
...took me two weeks to clear my name with the tower.

Might be worth a squint.
Ferg Kyle
Europa A064 914 Classic