Re: Europa-List: postings with encoding errors [was: Postings by

Subject: Re: Europa-List: postings with encoding errors [was: Postings by
From: josok <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 04:21:52

Hi Rowland,
HTML lost it's standard after version 1.0  Everything which came later has never
been approved for various reasons. So what are encoding errors are to eudora,
will be accepted by and  properly interpreted by other programs.  A reason more
not to use it in email messaging pus sang. But of course HTML in messages
has it's merits when layout is important. As you know, tables entered in text
messages will be usually illegible.
Dial up people? Sure, as i noticed last year in Yorkshire, there are also still
folks burning coal to heat their houses. There should be a law against it. But
it's not the right argument to slow down internet and it's applications.  It's
more reason to ask your government for a reasonable infrastructure, also in
the rural areas.
I like the postman's analogy. I throw away some 10 kilos of unwanted folders,
magazines,
papers and other stuff that the mailman happily mingles in his delivery.
I used to delete about 500 spam messages a week, before i got the filters
up to 98% without kicking real mail.  My list email address was new,. and has
never been used anywhere else, counts now for 30% of the spam.
If i want to see list messages, i have to start up my my mail program.
If i would get 10 to 12 different lists mingled with my personal mail, i would
be totally confused. I would have to use sophisticated filtering to keep things
apart, and still..brrr.
If i want to see one of the many forums i subscribe to, i start the browser, and
run through my forum bookmarks. It's as easy as the mail having delivered,
sorted,
opened and archived for you.
But you are right, it's very different from mail, and forum use has a learning
curve. Hope you get really connected Rowland!

Kind Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org
http://www.europaowners.org/viewtopic.php?p=12819#12819