Europa-List: post curing

Subject: Europa-List: post curing
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:31:51
Somebody might be interested...

All my Europa=B4s parts are sanded and filled
and finally ready for painting and it was time
to compelete post curing process today and
so I decided to bake everything 10 hrs @ 50C.

I heated my whole garage (200 cubic metres)
with 9kW electric heater and 24 kW gas heater
(outside temp was around 15C).
Relative humidity inside was fixed 34% all the time.
The temperature of the down surfaces was
varying between 44-48C and top surfaces were
48-52C. All the flying surfaces + wings were
well supported. Fuselage was just on it=B4s wheels
+ side supporters.

I did not notice any changes in structures.

Because I was not brave enough, I were there
whole day long, mask on my face. I could not
leave them alone. Now I feel also cooked.
It was hard game to play...never never do it again!

Regards, Raimo
============
Raimo M W Toivio

OH-XRT Europa XS Mono #417
OH-CVK C172 Skyhawk
OH-BLL Beechcraft C45 w radial engines (grounded)

37500  Lempaala
Finland
tel + 358 3 3753 777
fax + 358 3 3753 100