Re: Europa-List: wing conduit mod

Subject: Re: Europa-List: wing conduit mod
From: Michael Grass <M.Grass@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:37:22

To our friends on the east side of the pond.

What is the typical opinion of the PFA inspectors on the wing conduit and
pitot/static/stall warner lines. Do you have to reinforce where holes are
made in the ribs? I question this because I believe (and not know) that the
middle portion of the rib is only caring negligible loads. This is where our
friends in the flying aluminum cans cut there holes to make the structure
more lightweight. My intension is to run 2 1/4 inch aluminum lines for pitot
etc and an about 1/2 inch conduit for electrical supply.

Best regards

Michael Grass
A266 Trigear / 914/ Woodcomp VP
Detroit, Mi