Re: Europa-List: Adjustable rudder cable length or not?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Adjustable rudder cable length or not?
From: Steven Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 07:06:08

Ron
I fitted turnbuckles in G-SMDH as I was concerned about measuring the length
of the rudder cables required accurately and then fitting the end eyes. The
turnbuckles add weight but not a lot and mean that as the cables change in
use (I believe they stretch) you can adjust. As I have only just started
flying I do not know how often it is necessary to use the adjustment.
My only criticism of my installation is that I had to think carefully about
the position and I now realise that I have to stretch a little too far in
through the back 'D' to get to one side (I staggered the turnbuckles).
I am sure others will have perfectly good reasons for not fitting or putting
them elsewhere.
Steve Pitt