Re: *** SPAM *** RE: Europa-List: Skydrive on/off control

Subject: Re: *** SPAM *** RE: Europa-List: Skydrive on/off control
From: Duncan McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 22:52:51

That's odd. I've never seen my carb temp go below 18C (+6C gauge correction
= 24C); the probe is bonded in to the side of the carb. But I don't have the
carb heater. Rather, the proximity of the (Classic style) exhaust header and
under-cowl air intake.
I'd like to take air from outside, (which results in +400rpm on staticengine
speed!) but haven't had the confidence that this would not result in icing.
I seem to recall others reporting icing at much higher carb body temps.
Your data is useful. Thanks.

Duncan McF.