Re: Europa-List: Strobe Light

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Strobe Light
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:46:25

Paul (McAllister),

Regarding your tail strobe/position light...could you let me know its
location and orientation on your aircraft?

I have been planning on mounting the Kuntzelman strobe w/ LEDs
vertically on the rear edge of the rudder; however, after learning that
if I mounted it this way, the LED's would be pointing up and down
rather than towards the rear thus being problematic (in terms of
meeting FAA requirements). After an engaging conversation with Dick
Kuntzelman, he says he'd be happy to make up a special unit with the
LEDs pointing to the rear; but before ordering this, I wanted to have a
better idea of your installation and how you dealt with this issue.

Fred
A194