Re: Europa-List: Oshkosh by air - return by Avis

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Oshkosh by air - return by Avis
From: DaveMiller@avivacanada.com
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 10:58:49
Hi Richard,

Something similar happened while I was in a friends 914 mono.
The turbo boost dropped and we lost power. Reducing power improved things,
as the prop went to fine with the reduced throttle setting.

The problem was the cabin heat system, taking heat off the muffler, was
dumping hot air near the air intake, when not directing it to the cockpit.
The computer in the turbo system ( I think ) sensed that things were too
hot and cut back the boost.
Re routing the hot air to the canopy vent cured the problem.

Just an idea, may not have any relevance to your problem

Dave A061