Re : Europa-List: wiring

Subject: Re : Europa-List: wiring
From: Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:21:04

 why not wire the
> essential fuel pump directly off the battery - would you not then
> have  a working pump to get the aircraft down.

Hi Paul,

This is a good question. The diagram suggested by Rotax is far from being
satisfactory.
It does not provide electrical redundancy for the fuel pumps. Don't know
about the Europa schematic, but chances are they followed Rotax.

It is far safer to run the pumps direct from a more reliable power supply, eg a
battery.
This is what I did in our 914. For those interested, there are some details on
my website.

Regards,
Gilles Thesee
Grenoble, France