Europa-List: Re: PPG to prime fiberglass?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: PPG to prime fiberglass?
From: europa flugzeug fabrik <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:40:28

rparigor@suffolk.lib.n wrote:
> After talking to technical support, their stance is "fiberglass", means
> fiberglass
with gel coat on it. They do not support apply of their  apply of their
primers over raw fiberglass.

> She said that if you apply K-36 over raw fiberglass, there is a good
> chance that seep in will cause problems.

Gelcoat is resin, either epoxy or polyester.  On many Europa molded parts, no
gelcoat
per se, but the molding process leaves a thin resin coating on the outside.

We don't use raw fiberglass, whatever that means. If you sand down excessively
and cut into fibers, which is bad anyway, there will be problems when coating.

Fred F.

Read this topic online here: